Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Erno Rubik Attends Gathering 4 Gardner RIGHT NOW

I've attended the Gathering 4 Gardner 3 times. It's a bi-annual event.  The last time in 2012. I stopped going because there wasn't enough puzzling going on and I do get my fill via the International Puzzle Party, which meets every year.


My puzzle friend Tanya Thompson posted this photo of herself with Erno Rubik.


I was given a Rubik's Cube for Christmas in 1980. I fiddled with it for about 2 weeks.  One Sunday, I woke up and declared: Today is the day that solve this.  9 hours later: triumph.  For the last 20+ years, I've been teaching my students how to solve the cube during a 3-week mini term course.  I teach them my method. It's not the fastest, but it works. We have a solving competition with a winning time of about 2:30.


I can't believe I'm not at G4G.

No comments:

Post a Comment